There are many good things being done all over our community, but if you aren't a part of a particular organization you might not have a clue what they doing or how you can get involved. Extended Grace is working to get rid of that barrier and connect people who want to make a difference with opportunities to do so. Here are a few ways you can get involved making our local community healthier, stronger and more resilient:
Extended Grace Volunteer
Assist with Town Hall Meetings/Inspire Events
- Play music and lead singing at Inspire! events
- Videotape events
- Video production
- Bring snacks to events
- Set up and Tear down for events
- Offer contemplative practice samplers at Inspire!
- Share Gathering Words at Inspire!
Assist with computer and phone repair for E-Quip
Distribute flyers and promotional materials
Promote EG and its expressions on Social Media
Join a Committee
- Examples: Fund Development, Grants, Communications, Mudita, etc.
Filing and Data Entry
Connect EG with college and high school students
Momentum Center Volunteer
Assist with activities or outings (Daily, Weekly, Biweekly or Monthly)
**CPR/First Aid and Recipient Rights Training Required**
- Activity Examples: Bingo, Crafts, Social Hour, Member Lunches, Birthday Parties, Baking, Cooking, Walking, etc.
- Outing Examples: John Ball Zoo, Frederik Meijer Garden, Bowling, Nature Center, Grocery Outing, Festivals, Concerts, Whitecaps Baseball Games, etc.
Momentum Center Instructor
Instruct a class or workshop for our members (Weekly, Biweekly or Monthly)
- Examples: Yoga, Meditation, Exercise, Cooking, Making Soap, Life Skills, Job Skills, Crafts, Baking, Nutrition, Journal Writing, etc.
Just Goods' Cafe Volunteer
Staff Just Goods' Cafe
- Examples: Provide Customer Service to Community Members, Assist with Administrative Tasks, Ensure Cafe is Clean, Interact with Guests, Serve Guests Beverages and Snacks, etc.
Staff craft shows and farmer's markets selling Just Goods merchandise
- Examples: Grand Haven Chamber of Commerce Events, Fair Trade Shows, Craft Shows, Other Community Events, etc.