Momentum Center for Social Engagement
The Momentum Center for Social Engagement is a social and recreational program for people with mental illness, addiction and other disabilities. It encourages interaction with the general community and strives to eliminate stigma. Extended Grace is currently seeking to hire two full-time positions to join the Momentum Center Management Team in launching and sustaining this new community initiative. These non-exempt positions report to the Experi-Mentor who serves as the Director of the Momentum Center for Social Engagement. The complete job descriptions follow. Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Momentum Center Manager
DESCRIPTION: Extended Grace is a non-profit grassroots social lab that builds community while solving problems. The Momentum Center for Social Engagement is a social and recreational program for people with mental illness, addiction and developmental disabilities while also offering public retail and coffee shop space in order to encourage integration in the community and eliminate stigma.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Primary function of the Program Manager is to assist the Experi-Mentor by managing the day to day operations of the Momentum Center for Social Engagement, provide for appropriate supervision at the Momentum Center, and helping to integrate the Momentum Center with other Extended Grace initiatives and activities.
REPORTS TO: This person reports directly to the Experi-Mentor. Hiring is approved by the Board of Directors.
HOURS: This is a full time 40 hour a week non-exempt position. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a new initiative in the community. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Experi-Mentor and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Two years of college minimum, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a nonprofit or team management role
- Experience and comfort working with people with mental illness, addiction and all disabilities
- Proficient in using technology as a data collecting and management reporting tool
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Able to pass a DOT physical
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Extended Grace’s mission
- Coordinate Momentum Center activities, planning events, growing relationships with teachers and facilitators, and maintaining a facility master calendar
- Work with consumers to identify potential social and recreational opportunities
- Coordinate transportation to and from Momentum Center offsite activities as needed, including the potential to transport consumers to activities using the Extended Grace van or other vehicle
- Ensure participant check in, maintain data collection systems, and produce reports in order to measure effectiveness of the program
- Some travel may be required to attend trainings and classes as assigned
- Recruit, orient, schedule and oversee volunteers
- Ensure that volunteers complete required training and obtain necessary background checks
- Maintain volunteer data base and produce reports as necessary
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize synergies among all Extended Grace expressions
- Support the Mental Illness Task Force by sending meeting reminders, attending meetings, taking notes and distributing minutes
- Maintain organizational database and assist with mailings
- Prepare and distribute press releases, flyers, and other marketing material for events and activities
- Maintain the web site, making routine updates, preparing and distributing monthly newsletters, and updating social media, or delegating these tasks to volunteers and following up to ensure accountability
- Assemble and distribute board materials to board members as requested by the Experi-Mentor
- Assist the Experi-Mentor with fund development by maintaining the donor database. Research, write and/or compile materials for grant opportunities and reporting as needed.
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding office equipment with the goal of ensuring sufficient space, resources, and access to services
- Purchase supplies for the office and for events using company credit card, maintain petty cash, present invoices to Experi-Mentor/Ttreasurer for purchases
- Maintain all files and information in a confidential nature
- Perform other support tasks as needed and assigned
- Maintain cleanliness of program areas
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among other program areas, specifically Just Goods Retail and Coffee Shop